The Italian Marine Industry Association’s Research and Institutional Project Development department gathers, processes and disseminates trend data regarding the industry and boating tourism in relation to both domestic and international markets, through the publication of the book series “La Nautica in Cifre” (a publication dedicated to Yachting Industry Figures) and tailored reports.
The department also promotes the technical and economic development of the sector through the development of research, publications and the organisation of studies, debates and conferences.
It actively participates in workgroups and technical committees concerning industry regulations at national institutions and with the leading international associations for the promotion of the yachting industry on a global and European level: ICOMIA – International Council of Marine Industry Associations – International Council of Marine Industry Associations eEBI – European Boating Industry, the federation that represents the industry in Europe.
Analysis and statistics
The Industry Association’s Research and Institutional Project Development department offers the following analytical functions:
- Gathering and processing data concerning economic and market trends within the Italian yachting sector.
- Analysing and comparing international yachting industry data along with trends identified within sectors that are connected to the yachting industry.
- Publishing tailored reports and the series La Nautica in Cifre (a book series dedicated to Yachting Industry Figures).
Technical and Regulatory counselling
The Research and Institutional Project Development department carries out the following functions within the field of technical and regulatory analysis:
- Analysis of technical regulations (ISO; UNI; EC) and European and international directives that apply to the yachting sector
- Analysis of legislative initiatives on a national and European level in terms of safety and the environment
- Active participation in technical workgroups and committees on a national scale (including Italy’s BIG Cluster; MiNIT Cluster and Transport Cluster) and internationally through industry confederations (such as EBI – European Boating Industry, ICOMIA)).
- Developing and participating in projects of general and national importance deriving from the European Union.
Tax and Legal counselling
The Research and Institutional Project Development department carries out the following functions within the field of tax-related and legal counselling:
- Monitoring and analysing national and European regulations.
- Monitoring and advising on financing and tender opportunities on both a national and international level.
- Supporting the drafting of, or participation in, tenders and financing opportunities on a national or European level.